Providence, R.I.— The Anna Maria Baseball team fell to non-conference oponent Rhode Island College this afternoon by a score of 11-5.
Rhode Island College 11, Anna Maria 5
Rhode Island College (20-8)
Anna Maria (11-21)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior designated hitter Ryan Rotundo (Warwick, RI) went 2-for-5 with two runs scored and two RBI. He also hurled 1.1 innings of scoreless relief.
• Junior catcher Nick Feola (North Providence, RI) went 2-for-4 with a run scored and a pair of RBI, while classmate shortstop Rommy Morel (Providence, RI) also had a pair of hits and two RBI.
• Freshman shortstop Kosta Drosidis (Holden, MA) led the way for the AMCats, going 3-for-4 with a run scored, an RBI and a solo homer (6).
• Coro led off the bottom of the first with his second homer of the year, a solo shot to left field. Anna Maria took the lead, 2-1, in the third on an RBI single by sophomore designated hitter Noah Holland (Sandwich, MA) and an RBI groundout by sophomore third baseman Jake Crevier (Ware, MA).
• RIC broke the game open in the fifth inning, scoring five runs on six hits. Rotundo knocked in a pair with a two-run single in the frame.
• AMC pulled within a run, 6-5, with three runs in the seventh, highlighted by a Drosidis solo homer.
• The Anchormen blew the game open with a five-run seventh, capitalizing on four AMC errors. Feola knocked in two with a single.
• Senior starter Tyler Shemick (Foster, RI) earned the win (3-1) with four strikeouts in 6.2 innings of work. AMC senior starter Colin Pipkin (Peoria, AZ) suffered the loss (1-5), allowing just one earned run on nine hits in five innings of work.
The AMCATS will be back on the field this Tuesday when they travel to Buzards Bay to take on Mass Maritime, with first pitch coming at 3:30 PM.