- Score: Anna Maria College 2, Regis College 1
- Records: Anna Maria College (2-1, GNAC 1-0), Regis College (1-2, GNAC 0-1)
- Location: Paxton, Mass. (AMCAT Field)
- The Lead: The Anna Maria Field Hockey team went head to head in an exciting shoot-out victory against the Pride of Regis College in Great Northeast Athletic Conference action on Saturday afternoon. The AMCATS and the Pride went back to back in the shoot-out until freshman, Chyna Bingham-Hendricks (Mashpee, Mass.) scored the final goal leading the AMCATS to a final 2-1 victory.
How It Happened:
-The Pride of Regis got back into the game after the half with a goal from Mackenzie Cattaruzza tying up the score (1-1).
-The AMCATS and The Pride battled it out for the remainder of the half leading them into double over-time. Bryanna Tobin (Deep River, Conn.) had two saves during the overtime battle. After 30 minutes of overtime play the score was still tied at 1-1 and the two teams headed into a shoot-out.
-Regis came out strong with the first goal of the shoot out by Sidney Lowe. The AMCATS failed their first goal attempt but made their second tying the shoot-out.
- After a pair of shots that were just shy of the goal from both teams, Hendricks took a shot that was initially saved by the Regis goalkeeper but she was able to recover the rebound and finish at the back of the net. The AMCATS took the ultimate 2-1 victory.
Behind The Numbers:
-The AMCATS outshot The Pride 23-10, 12 of which were on goal.
-Anne Melanson (Grafton, Mass.) and Hendricks scored the team goals in the shootout for the AMCATS while Sidney Lowe scored the only team goal for The Pride.
-Regis goalkeeper, Maresa Malcolm had 11 saves on the day while Tobin made seven saves in the victory.
QUOTES FROM COACH BRIGHAM AND TOBIN
"We left our hearts on the field, udoubtedly. We're small in numbers but have a fighting spirit. It's a great way to start conference play and we're ready to prepare for Tuesday's game. It was a very high focus game so mentally I did my best to be present for 100 minutes. We answered the call!"-Tobin
"The girls came out prepared to play hard today. It was a great game and a great win-a total team effort"-Coach Brigham
-The AMCATS will be on the road on September 12th heading to Norton, Mass. to face the Wheaton Lyons at 7:00 p.m. Regis will take on Suffolk at home on September 16th at 11:00 a.m.