- Score: Dean College 4, Anna Maria College 1
- Records: Anna Maria (0-1-1); Dean College (2-0-0)
- Location: Paxton, Mass. (AMCAT Field)
- The Lead: The Anna Maria College men's soccer team fell to Dean College in a non-conference game on Sunday afternoon at AMCAT field (4-1). Felipe Campos led the Bulldogs to victory with two of their four goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Bulldogs opened up scoring with a goal from Felipe Campos (Barnstable, Mass.) in the 14th minute of play. Yuri Mascarenhas (Praia, Cape Verde) followed up with a second goal for the visitors increasing their lead, 2-0 with 18 minutes on the clock.
-Dean did not let up for a second and extended their lead back to two with another goal from Campos that came off of a cross pass from Pepe Vieira (Brockton, Mass.). The Bulldogs took the 3-1 lead into the halftime break.
-The two teams battled it out in the midfield for most of the second half, but a scuffle in front of the Anna Maria net resulted in a goal for Sam Fronseca (Fogo, Cape Verde).
-The AMCATS put on the offensive pressure through the end of the second half but would not tally another goal and the Bulldogs took the ultimate 4-1 victory.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Jeffrey Donahue (Rockland, Mass.) started in goal for the AMCATS. He recorded four saves in the loss and falls to 0-1-1 on the season.
-Mark Robinshaw (Ashford, Conn.) came into net for Anna Maria in the second half. He also made four saves on the day.
-Junior goalkeeper, Brendan Pacheco earned the victory in net for Dean. He recorded four saves.
- The Bulldogs outshot the AMCATS 27-10 while Anna Maria held a 6-5 advantage in corner kicks.
The AMCATS host Southern Vermont College on Wednesday, September 6th for a 7:00 p.m. non-conference game. Dean travels to Clark University on Saturday, September 9th for a 12:00 p.m. match-up.