- Score: Nichols College 7, Anna Maria College 0
- Records: Anna Maria College (0-1-0); Nichols College (1-0-0)
- Location: Dudley, Mass. (Nichols Soccer Field)
- The Lead: The Anna Maria College women's soccer team fell to the Bison of Nichols College on the road on Friday evening, 7-0. The loss drops the AMCATS to 0-1-0 on the season while the Bison start their season with a 1-0-0 record.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Bison opened up scoring just three minutes into play as Taylor Souza notched her first goal of the season following an AMCAT turnover. She added a second goal just five minutes later to give the Bison the 2-0 lead. Nichols went on to score four more goals in the half.
-Ashley Cibotti tallied the home team's third goal off of a pass from Souza (3-0). Nicole Gidley and Cibotti scorred back to back goals with 17 and 18 minutes on the clock (5-0).
-The Bison closed out first half scoring as Deandra Flynn took a break away opportunity and notched her first goal of the season. Nichols took the 6-0 lead going into the halftime break.
-The game saw the final goal of the game with just 11 minutes left to play as Alana Rodrigues collected a pass from Carley Pedrczny and put it behind AMCATS goaltender, Gabriella Eldredge (West Boylston, Mass.).
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Gabriella Eldredge played all 90 minutes and recorded 12 saves in the loss.
- The Bison outshot Anna Maria 37-2 and held a 13-1 advantage on corner kicks.
-Junior goaltender, Brooke Downey recorded one save in the win for the Bison.
The AMCATS host Emmanuel College for a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) game on Saturday, September 9th. The Bison travel to Rivier University on Sunday, September 3rd for a 6:00 p.m. non-conference game.