-Score: Saint Joseph's College (Maine) 3, Anna Maria College 0 (26-24, 25-15, 25-13)
-Records: Anna Maria (3-9, GNAC 0-3), Saint Joseph's (9-7, GNAC 2-1)
-Location: Standish, Maine (Harold Alfond Center)
- The Lead: After a hard-fought first set, Saint Joseph's posted a .203 attack rate in the final two sets to defeat Anna Maria for a 3-0 Great Northeast Athletic Conference victory. Senior Jordynne Copp (Cumberland, Maine) tied a career-high with 14 kills and posted a .385 attack rate to lead the Monks.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
· In addition to Copp, sophomore Kelsey Bickford (Somersworth, N.H.) added eight kills and a pair of block solos
· Junior Jennelle Thompson (Farmington, N.H.) tallied 25 digs and two service aces
· Junior Sarah Dyer (Seabrook, N.H.) notched a double-double with 18 assists and 15 digs
· Freshman Sophia Randall (Epping, N.H.) contributed 15 assists and three digs
· Freshman Erin Olson (Stoughton, Mass.) chipped in with five kills – and no errors – on 11 attempts
LEADERS – ANNA MARIA:
· Senior Rebecca Foti (Bedford, N.H.) tallied eight kills and six digs
· Junior Sarah Lathrop (Waterford, Conn.) added five kills and seven digs
· Senior Kerri Earle (Bethel, Conn.) posted a double-double with 15 assists and 10 digs
· Junior Carolina Garcia (Springfield, Mass.) contributed 17 digs
Saint Joseph's held sizeable advantages in kills (36-19), assists (35-19), and digs (66-49).
With the win, Saint Joseph's improves to 9-2 in the history of the series with Anna Maria College. Prior to tonight, the AMCATS had defeated the Monks in each of the last two meetings, including a 3-2 GNAC Tournament victory last in Paxton, Massachusetts last fall.
The AMCATS are back in action on Saturday in New Haven, Conn., with a GNAC tri-match against Albertus Magnus College (11:00 a.m.) and Suffolk University (1:00 p.m.)
* * *