- Score: Mount Holyoke College 3, Anna Maria College 0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-12)
- Records: Anna Maria (3-12), Mount Holyoke (6-6)
- Location: Paxton, Mass. (Fuller Activities Center)
- The Lead: The Mount Holyoke College women's volleyball team evened its record at 6-6 Tuesday evening with a 3-0 victory over Anna Maria College in a non-conference match at the Fuller Activities Center. The Lyons won by scored of 25-13, 25-14 and 25-12.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The AMCATS came out strong in the first set and held leads to 4-0, 7-2, and 8-5, led by the strong play of Rebecca Foti (Bedford, N.H.). The Lyons bounced back and ran off eight unanswered points to pull ahead, 13-8. The visitors never surrendered the lead the rest of the first set, which ended at 25-13.
-Anna Maria had a 5-4 lead early on, but Mount Holyoke again went on a run, scoring seven of the next nine points. The teams traded points through the middle of the set before the Lyons scored the final six points for a 25-14 decision in the middle set.
-It was a 5-4 score in the third set before Holyoke pulled away to a 14-5 lead. The teams traded points in the middle of the set but the AMCATS couldn't get any momentum going, and the Lyons finished off the match with a 25-12 verdict.
-Junior Jamesa Allen (Orlando, Fla.) led the winners with 10 kills at a .318 attack percentage, while sophomore Sasha Simine (Kitchener, Ont.) added nine kills, a .421 attack percentage, and a team-high four blocks. Freshman Brayden Walden (McKinney, Texas) registered 24 set assists.
- Junior Joy Maran (Santa Fe, N.M.) fired off six service aces, and classmate Cameron Graham (Sarasota, Fla.) led the back row with 13 digs
-Foti finished with a team-high seven kills for the AMCATS.
-Junior Sarah Lathrop (Waterford, Conn/) led the AMCATS with six assists and nine digs. Junior Victoria Falco (Marlborough, Mass.) and classmate Carolina Garcia (Springfield, Mass.) added eight digs each.
Anna Maria continues a four-match home stand on Thursday, hosting Clark University at the Fuller Center (7:00 p.m.) Mount Holyoke returns home to host Framingham State Thursday in non-conference play (7:00 p.m.)
* * *