- Alfred, NY: The Anna Maria Football team completed a two score comeback on conference opponent Alfred State to seal their first win of the season.
- Date: 10/12/19
- Score: Anna Maria 21, Alfred State 20
- Records: Alfred St. (2-4, 0-1 ECFC), Anna Maria (1-5, 1-0 ECFC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pioneers got on the board first off of a 13-yard rush by Ronnie Clark on a 14 play 63 Yard drive.
- The AMCATS were able to tie it up before the half on another touchdown grab from Rookie of the Week David Robinson (Boston, MA) from Senior Quarterback Emmanuel Leake (Providence, RI). That strike was good for a 20-yard reception.
- There was just one score in the third quarter and that was by Alfred State off of 23-yard passing touchdown from Dashown Wilson, to give the Pioneers the lead back 13-6 going into the fourth quarter.
- There ended up being 22 total points scored in the fourth with Anna Maria coming out on top. Alfred State scored another touchdown with 13:18 left to go off of a 5-yard run by Dashown Wilson, to push their lead to 20-6.
- The AMCATS weren't done, as they went on a 15-point swing to close it out, first Tanner Kingsley (Beacon Falls, CT) found Macelino Da Veiga (Central Fall, RI) for a 33-yard passing touchdown, to reduce the Pioneer lead to just 20-14 with 1:39 seconds left. After a 3-and-out by Alfred State, the Anna Maria was able to drive the ball 59 yards in 9 plays for the game winning 5-yard touchdown reception by Hayden Braga (Foster, RI) from Kingsley, along with the extra point the AMCATS gained their first lead 21-20 with just 16 seconds left in the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Top passer for Alfred was Wilson who was 6-17 on the day with 52 yards, a touchdown, and an interception. He also, carried the ball 20 times for a total of 69 yards and a rushing TD.
- Ronnie Clark racked up 197 yards on 31 carries and a touchdown of his own with him getting the bulk of the workload throughout the contest.
- Shyrel Broadwater was the top receiver for the Pioneers with one catch for 23 yards and a score.
- The AMCATS passing game was led by Kingsley, who was 12-31 for 192 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Marquis Roderique (Dorchester, MA) found himself in a new role coming out of the backfield where he carried 11 times for 71 yards and a long of 46 yards.
- Marcelino Da Veiga caught the most passes for the 'Cats with 5 receptions for 78 yards and a score with a long of 40 yards.
- Defensively for the Pioneers Brockton Weist found himself at the top of the board with 9 total tackles and 3 sacks for -19 yards. He finished the game with 5.5 total tackles for a loss for a net of -25 yards for the AMCATS.
- Tyshawn Anderson (Lynn, MA) finished one tackle shy of an individual game record in tackles with 24 total, along with another forced fumble that he was able to recover.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 19th for Homecoming against conference opponent Dean College, with action starting at 1:00 PM.