- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Football team fell to ECFC rival Dean College this afternoon by a score of 41-20 on newly named Caparso Field.
- Date: 10-19/2019
- Score: Dean 41, Anna Maria 20
- Records: Dean (2-4, 2-0 ECFC), Anna Maria (1-6, 1-1 ECFC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dean was able to strike first with 6:13 left in the first quarter on a QB sneak for a 2-yard touchdown run by Terrell Watts to give the Bulldogs the 7-0 advantage.
- Anna Maria finished on their own drive on an identical play, but for a 1-yard TD run by AMCAT QB Tanner Kingsley (Beacon Falls, CT) to tie it up at 7-7.
- The second quarter started off with both teams trading possessions back and forth until Dean found their groove again and went on to put up 14 unanswered points going into the locker room for half time. The first touchdown was scored on a 14-yard passing touchdown from Watts to Errol Breaux. The Second was on a Quintus Reid 8-yard TD grab from Watts.
- The Bulldogs added onto their 14-0 run with 20 more before the AMCATS could answer, giving Dean a 41-7 advantage going into the last 12 minutes of the ball game. Errol had two more touchdown receptions, one which was good for 28 yards and another from 4 yards out. Saquan Kelly also found the end zone for Dean on a 5-yard run.
- The last 12 minutes of the ball game belonged to Anna Maria as they were able to get some momentum back to close it out. Their first score of the second half came on a 7-yard rushing touchdown by Emmanuel Leake (Providence, RI) to reduce the deficit to 41-14. The final score of the game came in the closing seconds on a 19-yard toss and catch from Kingsley to Javon Phillips (Carrolton, AL) to close out the contest with the final of 41-20.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Watts led the Bulldogs through the air on a 20-27 day with 252 yards and 4 touchdowns.
- Saquan Kelly carried the ball 21 times for Dean for 93 yards and a score.
- Errol Breaux had 7 catches from Watts for 107 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Tanner Kingsley finished 21-32 on the AMCATS side for 176 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Marquis Roderique (Dorchester, MA) totaled 145 of the 298 yards the AMCATS tallied this afternoon. Overall he had 244 all-purpose yards on 15 carries for 77 yards, 10 catches for 68 yards, and 4 kick returns for 99 yards.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Desmond Dias totaled 9 tackles with 5 solo and 4 assisted with 2 coming for tackles for a loss totaling 15 yards.
- For Anna Maria Tyshawn Anderson (Lynn, MA) had another team leading day with 10 tackles, 6 solo and 4 assisted.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 26th with SUNY Maritime making the trip to Caparso Field for a 2:00 PM start.