PAXTON, MA - The Anna Maria field hockey team (1-2) dropped their non-conference match with Clark University (3-2), 4-0 on Tuesday afternoon at AMCAT Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clark jumped out to a 1-0 lead 5:43 into the contest as Mikayla Pantano (East Bridgewater, MA) collected a pass from Carden Maloney (Worcester, MA) and put the ball in the net for a quick 1-0 lead. The AMCATS had a couple of opportunities in the first quarter including a shot from Lauren Lapierre (Worcester, MA) that was blocked by the Cougars defense. Clark added on another goal before the end of first at the 12:31 mark off the stick of Emma Boland (Reading CT).
- In the second quarter, Anna Maria's defense stepped up when the Cougars were not able to find the back of the net and only mustered five shots which kept the 'Cats in the game.
- During the third quarter, Clark was able to net two more goals courtesy of Maloney and Kerry Lefebvre (Freeport, ME) at the 31:23 and 40:53 marks respectively to ultimately secure the 4-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Cassandra Mickelsavage (Pottstown, PA) made six saves on the evening. Hannah Tobey (Falmouth, MA) entered later on in the match where she ended up with two saves.
- Tied with the lead in shots with Lapierre with two, was senior Allyson Shaw (Holden, MA) and right behind her was Chayna Bingham-Hendricks (Mashpee, MA) with one.
- The AMCATS held the edge in saves on the afternoon by a margin of 8-2.
Anna Maria will travel to Nichols College on Thursday, September 12 at 7:00 PM. Clark University has a few days off until they return home and take on Elms College on Tuesday, September 17 at 7:00 PM.