- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Field Hockey Team defeated conference opponent Regis College this afternoon on AMCAT Field.
- Date: 10/4/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 2, Regis 1.
- Records: Regis (3-7, 0-3 GNAC), Anna Maria (6-6, 2-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After being scoreless through the first two quarters the Pride was able to strike first in the 41st minute off of a penalty corner, with Ashley Chipman (Stoughton, MA) scoring goal and Amelia Thomas (Hopkinton, NH) getting credit for the assist.
- 12 minutes later the AMCATS were able to answer off of their own penalty corner when Lauren Lapierre (Worcester, MA) found Abigayle Celata (Baldwinville , MA) open on the far post for the tying score.
- It would remain 1-1 until just under 3 minutes left in the first overtime, when Lapierre carried the ball out to the right of the goal to cross it and find senior Anne Melanson (Grafton, MA), who found herself one on one with the Regis keeper who she beat on her right side for the game winner.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anna Maria outshot the Pride 12-7 throughout the contest.
- Regis goalie Hope Winkin (Winslow, ME) saw 6 shots on goal and made 2 saves.
- Hannah Tobey (Falmouth, MA) improves to 5-1 on the season in goal with today's win. In net Tobey faced 5 shots, saving 4 of them.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 12th when they take to the road to play Albertus Magnus in more conference action at 2:30 PM.