- NEW LONDON, CT: The Anna Maria Men's Basketball came up one point short to Conn College in overtime this evening in non-conference action.
- Date: 11/16/2019
- Score: Conn College 74, Anna Maria 73
- Records: Conn College (1-0), Anna Maria (0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a very tightly contested first half the AMCAST went into the locker room down 37-36. The first half was bucket for bucket except for a small two-minute stretch where the Camels gained an 8-point lead. The AMCATS were able to cut that back down to just one at the end of the half.
- The Second half was very much the same as the first will multiple ties, but Anna Maria was able to hold a small lead throughout the half. Their biggest lead got to 5 points, until Connecticut was able to rally back into the contest and tie it up at 60 all as the clock hit 0. Ben McPherron finished on his layup attempt to send the game into overtime.
- The 'CATs held a one-point lead when a costly turnover allowed Austin Nwafor to get the go ahead lay in on the other side for the Camels. They would be able to hold the AMCAST scoreless in the closing seconds to seal the victory 74-73.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Jeff Allen led all scoring with a 20-point and 11 rebound game for Conn College.
- Ralph Grasso Jr. (Marlborough, MA) had the team high with 18 points and 3 assists.
- Bobby Perette (Marshfield, MA) finished with 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
- Mike Rapoza (Charlton, MA) finished with his third straight double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds.
- Anna Maria returns to action tomorrow as they take on Colby College, with tipoff coming at 2 pm.