- HARTFORD, CT: The Anna Maria Men's Basketball team fell to Trinity College this afternoon in nonconference action despite having a 29-point effort from senior Mike Rapoza (Charlton, MA) and 18 points from senior Bobby Perette (Marshfield, MA).
- Date: 1/4/2020
- Score: Trinity 87, Anna Maria 76
- Records: Trinity (9-4), Anna Maria (3-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS jumped quickly to a two-point lead in the first half that they held until 13:56 left. Trinity closed the slight gap and took over from there.
- The Bantams grew their lead to 16 before Anna Maria was able to find their groove again and cut the lead to 11 before the half.
- The AMCATS never got within striking distance of Trinity the rest of the game. The 'CATs did, however, score the same amount of points in the second half with 43 each.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kyle Padmore finished with a double-double for Trinity with 14 points and 11 assists.
- Colin Donovan scored the team high for the Bantams with 18 points to go along with his 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals.
- Rapoza tallied the game high with his 29 points, along with also racking up another double-double with 14 rebounds.
- Perette added his 18 points with 3 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Anna Maria returns to action next Saturday when they begin conference play against Norwich University at 2:00 PM in the Fuller Center.