- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Basketball team defeated GNAC opponent Norwich University this afternoon in the Fuller Center 85-67.
- Date: 1/11/2020
- Score: Anna Maria 85, Norwich 67
- Records: Norwich (2-10, 0-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (4-10, 1-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The First half opened up with both teams going back and forth until 13:23 when the Cadets took a slight lead of five points that they held for about two minutes. The AMCATS closed the five-point gap with 11:19 left in the half. The teams continued to go back and forth until there was 1:28 left in the half.
- Anna Maria closed out the last 1:28 on an 8-0 run to go into the locker room with a 38-30 lead over their opponent.
- After the half, the AMCATS came out with a pep in their step and continued to build their lead to as much as 18 points. The Anna Maria lead grew due to a 15-point half from Mike Rapoza (Charlton, MA) and a 12-point half from Demario Scarpegnato (Haverhill, MA). The Cadets wouldn't be able to get within striking distance the rest of the game to get to the 85-67 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kyle Booth tied for a team-high with 18 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists.
- Donovan Lewis Jr. had 18 points as well to go along with 4 rebounds.
- Rapoza finished with a game-high 25 points to go with his 18 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Scarpegnato finished with a career-high 21 points and 6 rebounds.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 18th when they travel to Suffolk to continue GNAC play at 1:00 PM.