- AUBURN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Ice Hockey team took down Chatham University this evening at Horgan Arena with four AMCATS finding the back of the net, for a 4-1 victory.
- Date: 11/01/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 4, Chatham 1.
- Records: Chatham (0-1), Anna Maria (1-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS got off to a quick start with Quinn Chevers-Whoms (Scarborough, ON) scoring his first collegiate goal on a perfect feed from Patrick Manning (Messena, NY).
- Anna Maria put up two more in the second period, with one coming on a shorthanded opportunity as Sam Cry-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) followed up a Jack Sitman (Redondo Beach, CA) rebound for his first of the year. Shortly after that Nolan Shaw also found the back of the net for his first collegiate goal, with Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA) on the assist.
- The Cougars were able to break their scoreless streak and gain their first goal of the season just under 9 minutes into the third period. For Chatham, Ben Lamm scored first with Chad Bell and Niko Moulakelis feeding him the puck just off to the left hand side of the net for the slap shot.
- The AMCATS ended the scoring with one final goal that was from Nick Kukuris (Littleton, CO) in an open net with just under three minutes to play capping the 4-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Matt Calas (L, 0-1) faced 35 shots in net saving 32.
- Brendan Boncore (Oakland, MI) faced a total of 25 shots and making 24 saves.
- Anna Maria outshot the Cougars 36 to 25.
- Chatham accumulated 19 minutes of penalties on 4 infractions.
- Anna Maria had 12 penalty minutes on 6 infractions.
- Both teams were unable to tally a power play goal, with the Cougars going 0-7 and the 'CATs going 0-2.
- Anna Maria returns to action on tomorrow back at Horgan Arena to play Chatham again at 3:40 PM.