- SHELTON, CT: The Anna Maria Men's Ice Hockey team put together a six-goal second period to topple Post University 6-3 this afternoon.
- Date: 12/07/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 6, Post 3
- Records: Post (2-7-1), Anna Maria (6-1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first period, Post got on the board quickly into the second with two unanswered goals. Tyler Hackett and Anthony Giacomin were responsible for the Eagles 2-0 lead just 9 minutes into the period.
- After going down 2-0 Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) went to work and found the back of the net three times. Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA), Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC), and Patrick Manning (Messena, NY) rounded up the AMCATS six straight goals to end the second period.
- Cyr-Ledoux ended the game with a total of five points after his goal and three assists. He wasn't alone however as Manning also tallied three assists to go along with his goal.
- Sitzman finished with seven of his own points after adding an assist to his three goals.
- All six of the AMCATS goals came on the power play this evening giving them their best power play percentage of the season. The 'CATs were 6 for 9 on the power play.
- Post would end the game by adding one more in the third period from Sean Castagna to get the 6-3 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Nick Levesque finished with 37 saves this evening after facing 43 shots.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) (W, 4-0-2) remains perfect in net as he picks up his fourth win of the season. Huset faced a total of 37 shots and made 34 saves.
- Anna Maria outshot Post 43 to 37.
- Post racked up the penalty minutes with a total of 30 minutes on 11 infractions.
- The AMCATS only had nine infractions totaling 18 minutes.
- Post was 2 for 7 on the power play while Anna Maria finished 6 for 9.
- Anna Maria returns to action next Friday as they continue their road trip in Pawtucket, RI to face Johnson & Wales at 7 PM.