- HENNIKER, NH: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team dropped their second straight game after falling to New England College this afternoon, 6-3.
- Date: 12/14/2019
- Score: NEC 6, Anna Maria 3
- Records: NEC (8-4-1), Anna Maria (6-3-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pilgrims jumped to a quick 4-0 in the first period, on goals from four different skaters. Chris Maratea found the back of the net first for the Grims and also tacked on an assist before the period closed.
- The AMCATS struck first in the second period on a Patrick Manning (Messena, NY) wrist shot that beat the NEC tender. It only took three minutes for New England to answer back when Nikita Pintusov found twine to go back up by four going into the third period.
- The third was full of power play goals on both sides. The Pilgrims extended their lead to five 12 minutes into the period on a Channing Gorscak goal.
- Down 6-1 the AMCATS put in two more goals to get the final of 6-3. The first was from repeat offender Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) scoring his 11th goal of the season. Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) finished the game scoring for the 'CATs with his seventh goal of the campaign.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anthony Pupplo finished the game in net for the Grims, saving 16 of the 19 shots he faced.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) put together a 39 save night on 45 shots faced.
- Each team had just six minutes in the box on three infractions.
- Anna Maria was 2 for 3 on the power play this afternoon, while NEC finished just 1 for 3.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 3rd of January as they travel to Western New England for a 1:00 PM start.