MARLBOROUGH, MA - Both sides pushed themselves to their limits the entire afternoon, but Anna Maria (1-4-1) skated to a 1-1 draw with the King's College Monarchs (0-5-1) Saturday afternoon at the New England Sports Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Monarchs took a quick 1-0 lead just a tad under 10 minutes into the first period at 9:24. RaeAnn Clancey (Surprise, AZ) generated her own offense and sent her shot past AMCATS keeper, Gabrielle Ohanesian (Bozeman, MT) and gave the Monarchs an early advantage.
- However, the squad responded in the second period when Abigail Vigliotte (Medford, MA) tallied the equalizer at 9:07 of the period. Vigliotte received the lead pass from Grace Dodge (St. Paul, MN) and Vigliotte tapped in her shot through Monarchs goalie, Kiva Sierra Stoltz (Petersburg, ONT).
- King's College had a golden opportunity to break the 1-1 draw, on a penalty shot by Maggie Gould (Hamden, CT) but Ohanesian altered her shot and caused Gould to miss wide.
- After the missed opportunity for the Monarchs, neither team was able to find the go-ahead goal in the regulation and overtime courtesy of great play by both sides for the 1-1 tie.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The AMCATS outshot the Monarchs, 44-29 throughout the contest.
- Ohanesian stopped 28 shots in the afternoon. Meanwhile, Stoltz collected 44 saves for the visitors.
- Vigliotte's goal was her first of her collegiate career.
- Dodge's assist was her team-leading third of the season.
Anna Maria's homestand continues next Friday on November 29 when they host Chatham University for an 8 PM contest. King's College has some time off before they partake in the Keystone Holiday Classic Tournament on Friday, December 6 at Lebanon Valley College at 5 PM.