- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer Team tallied their first win of the 2019 season in non-conference action against Northern Vermont-Johnson this evening on AMCAT Field.
- Date: 09/03/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 5, NVU-Johnson 0
- Records: NVU-J (0-0), Anna Maria (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS jumped to a quick 1-0 lead just 5 minutes into the contest on a top shelf 15-yard boot from sophomore Keannah Dunsmore (Georgia, VT), who was fed the ball by Freshmen Sydney Owen (Haverhill, MA).
- Owen would go onto put two of her own in the back of the net to give the AMCATS a 3-0 lead 16 minutes in. Sydney's goal marks the first of her career in collegiate athletics.
- Alexandra Rowland (Leicester, MA) also beat the Badger keeper to tally her first collegiate goal in the 31st minute.
- The AMCATS added one more in the last 20 seconds on a PK form Sophomore Courtney Hile (Elliottsburg, PA). This too was her first goal in her college career with Anna Maria.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The 'Cats outshot their opponents 35 to 2.
- Courtney Currier (Proctor, VT) started in net for the Badgers, she saw 9 shots, saving 5, and allowing 4 goals in the contest.
- Jules Reed (Morrisville, VT) found herself in net for the second half, she faced 7 shots, saving 6, and allowing only 1 goal.
-AMCAT goalie Rachel Matloff (Grafton, MA) faced 1 shot in the contest that she saved to complete the shutout.
- Anna Maria will be back in action this Saturday at 12:00 PM at home on AMCAT Field against Mitchell College.