- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer Team was able to defeat Northern Vermont University-Lyndon this afternoon in non-conference action.
- Date: 9/11/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 4, NVU-L 3
- Records: NVU-Lyndon (0-3), Anna Maria (3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hornets would answer right back to start the second half with 2-0 run of their own to tie up the game at 2-2. Eleanor Harrington (Fareham, NH) and Kelsey Holland (Pembroke, NH) were credited with those scores.
- NVU and Anna Maria then traded another pair of goals, the first coming from the AMCATS by way of Sydney Owen (Haverhill, MA). Her goal was followed up by Jessica Hillman (Gardener, ME) for the Hornets.
- The game winner for the 'Cats came off the foot of sophomore Brianna Riley (Bluffton, SC) with a little help from Acosta who was credited with the assist.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anna Maria out shot their opponent 29-13.
- Lyndon goalie Victoria McCormack (East Lyme, CT) finished the game with 10 saves and 4 goals allowed.
- AMCAT goalie Rachel Matloff (Grafton, MA) received the win putting her at a career high 3-1 on the young season. She saved 6 shots in the game while allowing only 3 goals.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday the 14th at home to face Saint Joseph's College (ME). Kickoff is slated for 5:00 PM.