- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer Team came up short this evening to Conference opponent St. Joseph's College on AMCAT Field.
- Date: 9/14/2019
- Score: SJC 3, AMC 1
- Records: Saint Joseph's (3-1-1, 1-0 GNAC), Anna Maria (3-2, 0-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The was a tightly contested match between the two teams, the first score came from the Monks in the 26th minute from Kayla Gooch (Dracut, MA) on a pass from Madison Michaud (Presque Isle, ME).
- It wasn't until the second half when St. Joes would add two more to their lead with a goal from Madeline Wood (Madison, ME) with McKenzie Murphy (West Baldwin, ME) on the assist. Their third goals would come from their goalie Adia Grogan (Kennebunk, ME) who launched a ball from the 45-yard line to score top shelf to put the Monks Up 3-0.
- The AMCATS would get on the scoreboard in the 86th minute on a free kick from DeAnna Baker (Lansdale, PA) that worked its way through the keeper's hands and into the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- AMC was outshot by the Monks 32 to 10, with 17 on net for SJC and 8 for the AMCATS.
- Grogan faced 8 shots from Anna Maria allowing 1 goal and saving 7 shots.
- Rachel Matloff (Grafton, MA) faced 10 shots while allowing 3 goals and saving 7 shots.
- Anna Maria returns to action on September 18th as they take to the road to face another conference opponent in Rivier University at 7:00 PM.