- BUZZARDS BAY, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer Team fell to the Buccaneers of Mass Maritime this evening in non-conference action in Clean Harbor Stadium.
- Date: 10/14/2019
- Score: Mass Maritime 2, Anna Maria 1.
- Records: Maritime (2-11-0), Anna Maria (3-9-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first half, the Bucs were able to find the back of the net to break the tie on a Colleen Sullivan goal, which was assisted by Julia Podchaiski.
- The AMCATS were able to answer back and even up the score in the 83rd minute after a cross from Briana Riley (Bluffton, SC) found the foot of Sidney Eskildsen (Murrieta, CA) that beat Maritime's keeper to force overtime.
- Just 3:35 into overtime the Buccaneers were able to find the top right corner of the net to get the victory 2-1. Maritime's game winning goal was scored by Julia Podchaiski and assisted by Ariel Damery.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS outshot the Bucs 20 to 11 throughout the contest.
- Maritime goalie Paige Albertson picked up her second win of the season on a six save day.
- Rachel Matloff (Grafton, MA) made 5 saves while in net for the AMCATS.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 16th at 3:30 PM against GNAC opponent Simmons College.