- TROY, NY: The Anna Maria Football team fell to RPI this afternoon in non-conference action on their East Campus Stadium.
- Date: 9/28/2019
- Score: RPI 38, Anna Maria 0
- Records: RPI (3-1), Anna Maria (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- RPI jumped out to a large lead throughout the first quarter as it ended 28-0. The Puckman would add 10 more points before the half, ending all scoring for the remainder of the game.
- George Marinopoulos finished the game for RPI 6-10 in the air for 91 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Dylan Burnett led the ground game for the Puckman with 5 attempts for 72 yards.
- Vinnie McDonald found the end zone twice off of Marinopoulos passes for a total of three receptions and 52 yards.
- Emmanuel Leake (Providence, RI) finished 16-32 through the air for a 142 yards, he also found running room 21 times for a total of 28 yards.
- Angel Gabe Ortiz (Charlotte, NC) found the most success for the AMCATS on the ground. He had 6 carries for a total of 28 yards, with an average of 4.7 yards a carry.
- Marquis Roderique (Dorchester, MA) continues to be the biggest down field threat for the 'Cats as he brought in 5 passes for 64 yards along with a 43 yarder for a long.
- Ty'Rique Bruce (East Orange, NJ) led the AMCATS defense with 11 total tackles, with 5 solo and 6 assisted.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- RPI totaled 285 yards offensively compared to 234 yards for Anna Maria.
- AMC performed better through the air than the Puckman as they tallied 143 passing yards to RPI's 93.
- The Puckman found their success on the ground as they out rushed the AMCATS 192 to 91.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 5th back at home to take on the Apprentice School with a 12:00 PM kickoff.