- CASTLETON, VT: The Anna Maria Football team fell to ECFC opponent Castleton University this afternoon in conference play 33-19.
- Date: 11/02/2019
- Score: Castleton 33, Anna Maria 19
- Records: Castleton (1-7, 1-3 ECFC), Anna Maria (1-8, 1-3 ECFC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans scored the only points in the first quarter on a 22-yard field goal by Andy Kenosh to cap a 9 play 56-yard drive with 9:59 left in the first quarter.
- Castleton increased their lead in the 2nd on a Lucas Morse 6-yard run to go up 10-0.
- But the Spartans would close out the half with another score by Chance Fee on a 17-yard reception from Jacob McCarthy, to extend their lead back to 10.
- Anna Maria started the second half with another Kingsley touchdown toss to Brandon Davicsin (Brick, NJ) from 5 yards out, after a missed point after the AMCATS trail 13-17.
- Kenosh added another field goal from 30 yards out to once again extend the Castleton lead 20-13.
- The AMCATS found the end zone one last time in the game on a Kingsley pass to Marcelino Da Veiga (Central Fall, RI) for the 14-yard grab. After three quarters of play the Spartans help a 20-19 lead.
- The fourth would entail two more Castleton touchdowns to conclude the contest. The first TD came on a 23-yard pass from McCarthy to Dylan Ellis. The second score came on another 28-yard touchdown pass from McCarthy to Anthony Martinez (Brattleboro, VT) to get the final or 33-19 in favor of the Spartans.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- McCarthy led Castleton through the air going 21-of-31 for 264 yards and 3 passing touchdowns.
- Matthew Hesford had the most carries for the Spartans with 15 for 48 yards.
- Martinez was McCarthy's top target today with 7 catches for 90 yards and a score.
- Kingsley was 26-of-37 for the AMCATS with 260 yards passing with 3 touchdowns and an interception.
- Robinson led all receivers this afternoon with 127 yards and a touchdown on just 8 receptions.
- Defensively for the Spartans Luc Issa led the squad with 7 tackles, 5 solo and 2 assisted.
- Anna Maria was once again led by Tyshawn Anderson (Lynn, MA) who accumulated 11 tackles, 5 solo and 6 assisted.
- Anna Maria returns to action on 9th for their senior day, as they get set to play Gallaudet at home with a 12:00 pm kickoff.