PAXTON, MA - The Anna Maria men's soccer team (2-1) dropped a non-conference matchup versus the Pine Manor College Gators (1-1-1) Wednesday evening at AMCAT Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half saw competitive play between both sides, and the AMCATS were able to strike first at the 27:20 mark. Senior captain Ryan Todesco (Southwick, MA) lofted the ball over the keeper courtesy of an assist from the reigning Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Rookie and Player of the week, Hezekiah Adeyeye (Woonsocket, RI). A short time later though, the Gators tied up the contest up after Andree Hernandez-Garcia (San Antonio, TX) found the back of the net.
- Pine Manor was able to strike again for two more goals in the half from the feet of Jose Gonzalez (Houston, TX) and Alexis Esquivel (El Paso, TX) to go up 3-1 headed into halftime.
- In the second half, the Gators were able to strike for five unanswered goals. However, the 'Cats saw fellow senior Tanaka Mararike (Paxton, MA) send the ball past the Gators goalie at the 84:02 point for his first goal on the young season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Jeffre Donahue (Rockland, MA) ended the contest with 7 saves.
- Adeyeye led the squad in shots for a second straight contest and behind him was Matthew Pearle (East Wareham, MA) with three, and Mararike rounded out the top three with two shots.
Anna Maria will have some time off before they travel to Salve Regina on Saturday, September 7 for a 5:30 PM contest. Pine Manor returns home on Saturday, September 7 for a match with Albertus Magnus at 1:00 PM.