- NEWTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Soccer team fell to GNAC opponent Lasell University this afternoon in overtime 2-1 on Taylor Field.
- Date: 10-19/2019
- Score: Lasell 2, Anna Maria 1
- Records: Lasell (4-13, 3-5 GNAC), Anna Maria (4-13, 1-7 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lasers were able to get on the board first in the 20th minute on a Kevin Pitt goal, his first of the season.
- Lasell took the 1-0 lead into the second half when Hezekiah Adeyeye (Woonsocket, RI) recorded his 11th goal of the season in the 86th minute to even the score at 1-1.
- Neither team would be able to pull ahead in the last 4 minutes forcing overtime, that lasted just over 2 minutes when the Lasers Kyle Stewart was able to find the back of the net to win it 2-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anna Maria was outshot 28-11throughout the contest.
- Chris Tran got the win for Lasell after saving 3 of the 4 shots that he faces.
- Jeffre Donahue was tagged with the loss after a nine save game in his 92:30 minutes in net.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 23rd against GNAC opponent Emmanuel College with kick off scheduled for 3 PM.