STANDISH, ME - The Anna Maria men's soccer team (4-16-0, 1-10-0 GNAC) dropped their final match of the season to the Saint Joesph's (ME) (14-1-3, 9-0-2 GNAC) Monks, 4-0 in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action Wednesday afternoon at the SJC Athletic Complex.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Monks got the action started right away at 3:23 when Niko DeCola (Mahopac, NY) found the back of the net off a pass from Austin Ward (North Andover, MA).
- Anna Maria almost tied up the contest at 21:05 when Nick Lawrence (Attleboro, MA) sent his shot just high above Saint Joesph's keeper, David Walbridge (Hampden, MA).
- In the second half, Saint Joesph's added three more goals from Jason Umbehr (Wallingford, CT), Ward, and an own goal at 51:40, 56:20, and 78:57 respectively.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Jeffre Donahue (Rockland, MA) recorded 13 saves on the day. For the hosts, Walbridge and Tomas Griffin (Belmont, MA) split time between the pipes with Walbridge earning his 13th win.
- Anna Maria was outshot 39-1 and the Monks also held the advantage in corners, 14-0.
Anna Maria wraps up their season with a 4-16-0 record and 1-10-0 record in GNAC play. The squad will look to come back into next season pushing for a spot in the GNAC playoffs. Meanwhile, Saint Joesph's (ME) will await their opponent for the GNAC playoffs.