MEDFORD, MA - The Anna Maria men's soccer team (4-6) were topped by the Fisher College Falcons (6-3-1) in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon at Hormel Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons struck quickly into the first half at the 5:12 mark after Andree Molina (El Paso, TX) put a shot on net but was initially turned away by AMCATS keeper, Kyle Sherman (Mount Laurel, NJ). Jonathan Collins (Southwick, MA) collected the save and found Marckenzy Dufort (Dorchester, MA) who finished the play when he put the ball in the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- Shortly after at 8:11, Fisher struck again when Molina shot the ball past Sherman to give the Falcons an early 2-0 advantage. However, Anna Maria almost cut into the deficit from a shot by Tanaka Mararike (Paxton, MA) but Falcons goalie, Christopher Garcia (Rowland Heights, CA) made the save to preserve the lead.
- Molina was not done there, the freshman tact on two more goals at 33:10 and 37:34 respectively to complete his hat trick on the afternoon which made the lead 4-0.
- Anna Maria's defense held Fisher scoreless for the rest of the second half. The squad had multiple attempts to cut into the deficit peppering Garcia with eight shots but could not find the back of the net. The 'Cats had a prime scoring opportunity from a corner kick at 65:19. Hezekiah Adeyeye (Woonsocket, RI) sent the corner toward the box and Simon Berry (Londonderry, NH) saw his shot ring off the post.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sherman recorded nine saves in the contest, and Garcia totaled four saves for the Falcons.
- Anna Maria held the edge in corner kicks, 3-2.
- Fisher slightly outshot the AMCATS in the second half by a 9-8 margin.
- Alex Nichols (Tinton Falls, NJ) and Jared Schuster (Endwell, NY) led the way in shots with two. Six different AMCATS each had one shot (Isaiah Battle (Glendale, AZ), Christian Aldana (Clinton Corners, NY), Mararike, Berry, Christopher Dunn (Burlington, ON), and Matthew Pearle (East Wareham, MA).
Anna Maria returns home on Saturday, September 28 versus Great Northeast Athletic Conference foe Norwich at 1 PM. Fisher continues their homestand when they host Washington Adventist, Monday, September 30 at 6 PM.