- CHARLESTOWN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team defeated the Rams of Suffolk University this evening in overtime by a score of 3-2.
- Date: 11/15/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 3, Suffolk 2
- Records: Suffolk (1-3), Anna Maria (3-1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Gavin Proeh (Highland Park, IL) started the scoring off for the AMCATS in the first period with just under 10 minutes to go after he received a pass from Patrik Peltola (Espoo, Finland) and Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC).
- Suffolk was able to answer back in the second period on a power play goal by Jack Kelly, who then went on to give the Rams the lead in the third period on his second goal of the contest.
- With 13 minutes left in the third, Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) tied it up for Anna Maria on an unassisted goal to send it into overtime.
- The AMCATS would start the overtime period on a power play due to a last second penalty for tripping on Suffolk. It only took 1:09 into the overtime period for the 'CATs to put it away off of Cyr-Ladoux's stick from Sitzman.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS outshot Suffolk 33-to-27 throughout the contest.
- Cal Wilcox (L, 0-2) saw 33 shots on net, he was able to save 30 of those shots.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) (W, 1-0-1) faced 27 shots in net and was able to make 25 saves.
- Anna Maria spent more time in the penalty box with 12 minutes on 6 infractions.
- Suffolk had just 5 infractions totaling 10 minutes.
- The AMCATS were 1-for-3 on the power play while the Rams were 1-for-5.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Tuesday when Southern Maine travels to Horgan Arena for a 5:40 PM drop.