PAXTON, MA - Anna Maria women's basketball season is right around the corner and the AMCATS start their season on Sunday, November 10 at 2 PM at Catholic University. During the 2018-2019 campaign, the squad posted a 10-16 record with a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) record of 7-5 and a first-round GNAC playoff birth.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- Anna Maria brings back their top three scorers, Amber Wilson (New York, NY), Sierra Johnson (Brockton, MA), and Sienna Johnson (Brockton, MA) who paced the AMCATS offense with 16.5, 14.8, and 11.8 points per game respectively.
- Top assist leader, Franchesca Hammond (Worcester, MA) also returns for Anna Maria. Hammond led the squad with 3.2 assists per game last season.
- The 'Cats finished with a 7-6 home record at Fuller last season. This included a three-game win streak toward the end of last season (January 31st vs. Norwich, February 2nd vs. St. Joesph (CT), and February 5th vs. Simmons).
- Seniors, Deyarna Achille (Boston, MA), Sierra and Sienna Johnson, and Hailey Moore (Worcester, MA) will be looked upon to help guide the AMCATS throughout the season.
GAMES TO WATCH
- Anna Maria's home opener is Saturday, November 16 at 1 PM versus Northern Vermont-Lyndon.
- The 'Cats will have only one home game in December when they host Mitchell College on Saturday, December 7th at 1 PM.
- The squad will have their GNAC playoff rematch against Suffolk on Tuesday, January 21 at 7 PM.
- Conference powerhouse, Saint Joesph's (Maine) hosts the AMCATS on Wednesday, January 29 at 5:30 PM.
- The last home game will be on Saturday, February 22 at 1 PM versus Albertus Magnus.