MEDFORD, MA - Four different AMCAT women's basketball student-athlete scored in double figures, as Anna Maria (2-2) topped the Lesley Lynx (0-1) 66-25 Tuesday afternoon in non-conference action at Medford High School.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The most notable run for the AMCATS came right away in the first quarter which included a 7-0 run in the remaining two minutes and set the tone. After a three-pointer by Tallin Goldberg (Merrimack, NH) to cut the Anna Maria lead to 12-7, Sienna Johnson (Brockton, MA) scored all seven AMCATS points in the run to close the quarter on a 19-7 advantage.
- Sienna Johnson led all AMCATS scorers with 18 points (7-14 FG, 1-7 3PT, 3-6 FT) to go along with two rebounds, and three steals.
- Alexis Levels (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) also contributed 15 points and eight boards with three steals. Ashley Rufo (Pittsfield, MA) and Sierra Johnson (Brockton, MA) also produced double figures in the scoring column with 13 and 12 points respectively.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Anna Maria never trailed in the entire contest, the closest the Lynx ever got was early in the contest when they were down 3-0 at 9:00.
- Levels notched double-digit scoring for the AMCATS in her second straight game.
- The AMCATS defense held Lesley to 17 percent shooting from the field, and eight percent from three.
- The squad held the slight advantage in rebounds, 38-30.
Anna Maria continues their road trip when they travel to Bay Path University on Thursday, November 21 for an 8 PM contest. Lesley heads out on the road when they take on Elms College on Saturday, November 23 at 2 PM.