- AUBURN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team won their second straight game against Chatham University at Horgan Arena 5-3.
- Date: 11/02/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 5, Chatham 3
- Records: Chatham (0-2), Anna Maria (2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS struck first 6 minutes into the game on a power play by Gavin Proeh (Highland Park, IL) from Sam Cry-Ledoux (Montreal, QC).
- The Cougars would answer back in the 15th minute with two quick goals 26 seconds apart by Niko Moulakelis to put Chatham up 2-1 going into the second period.
- Four total goals were scored in the second period, three coming from the AMCATS. Quinn Chevers-Whorms (Scarborough, ON) started it off followed by Proeh's second of the game to give the 'CATs the lead 3-2.
- Chatham found the net one last time in the 6 minutes into the second from Chris Lutz before there was a 25-minute delay due to missing ice on the rink that needed to be patched.
- After the delay, Anna Maria put in their third goal of the 2nd period after Michael Padgeon's (Sellersville, PA) beat the Cougar tender to give them a 4-3 lead.
- The AMCATS tacked one more on in the third by way of an empty-net goal by Quinn Tucker (Hancock, NH) ending all scoring, giving the 'CATs their second win of the season 5-3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Matt Calas (L, 0-2) saw 24 shots on net, he was able to make 20 saves throughout the contest.
- Brendan Boncore (Oakland, MI) (W, 2-0) saw a total of 27 shots making 24 saves in the victory.
- The Cougars outshot the AMCATS 27-25.
- Chatham tallied 12 minutes on 6 infractions, while also going 0-for-3 on power play opportunities.
- Anna Maria had 8 total minutes on 4 infractions while scoring their first Power play goal as they finished 1-for-6.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 8th as they take to the road to play Albertus Magnus in New Haven Connecticut at 7:00 PM.