- PLYMOUTH, NH: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team tied with Plymouth State this evening 3-3. Sophomore Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) put together a two goal contest for the AMCATS.
- Date: 12/05/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 3, Plymouth St. 3.
- Records: Plymouth (4-4-1), Anna Maria (5-1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Plymouth State got on the board just 3:30 into the game on a give and go between junior Brett Backman (Cos Cob, CT.) and Brandon Barillaro (Alexandria, ON). Barillaro was successful in finding the back of the net on his wrist shot.
- The AMCATS tied the game at 15:07 in the first when Sitzman tipped a shot from his position just outside the far side slot.
- The Second period consisted of one shorthand goal by the Panthers to regain the lead at 6:58 when junior Peter Laviolette (Nashville, TN.) broke free in the neutral zone to then sniped a wrist shot blocker side past the AMC tender.
- The second also contained two power play goals from the AMCATS, the first came when Sitzman struck again at 8:26, as he fired a wrist shot from the near side faceoff dot blocker side to bring the game even once again. Anna Maria converted on another power play opportunity at 14:38 after the puck was worked along the end boards and delivered to freshman Mike Padgeon (Sellersville, PA.) for the finish.
- PSU was able to tie it up in the third at 3:41 on a Myles Abbate (Norwell, MA) score to send the game into overtime where the game would end a draw.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Panthers outshot the AMCATS 36 to 20 throughout the contest.
- PSU also took control of the Face-offs throughout, winning 48 of 73.
- Brendahn Brawley (Morton, PA) saw 12 shots on net and saved 9.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) faced all 36 shots on net this evening saving 33.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday as they travel to Post University for a 2:30 PM game.