- NEW HAVEN, CT: The Anna Maria Men's Ice Hockey team finished in a draw with a first year program in Albertus Magnus this evening.
- Date: 11/08/2019
- Score: Albertus 1, Anna Maria 1
- Records: Albertus Magnus (0-1-2), Anna Maria (2-0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a tightly contested first period, the AMCATS took the lead in the game with a goal by Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA) just 2:51 into the second period. Streaking down the right side of the ice, Padgeon received a pass from Quinn Chevers-Whorms Scarborough, ON) and scored to the top right corner on a beautiful stroke. The goal was on the power play, as Anna Maria finished 1-for-3 with an extra man.
- Needing an answer late in the period, Alexander Lazier found daylight in front of the net to knot the score at 1-1. Harley Michaels initiated the play with a shot from the blue line that deflected off Dino Antoniadis to find Lazier for the score. This tally also came on the power play, as the Falcons also finished 1-for-3 with an extra skater.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS outshot Albertus 42 to 26 throughout the contest.
- Peirce Diamond put together a gem in net for the Falcons as he tallied 42 saves after facing a whopping 43 shots on net.
- Brendan Boncore (Oakland, MI) was also a wall in net for the 'CATs this evening as he only allowed the one goal while saving 25 of the 26 shots he faced.
- Both teams were even tied in penalties at 3 infractions apiece for a total of 6 minutes in the box.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 9th at home against Fitchburg State for a 5:40 PM puck drop.