- MANCHESTER, NH: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team bested the Saint Anselm Hawks this afternoon 4-2 in nonconference action. Leading Scorer Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) found the back of the net twice for the AMCATS.
- Date: 1/4/2020
- Score: Anna Maria 4, St. Anselm 2
- Records: St. Anselm (7-7-1), Anna Maria (8-3-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS took a quick 2-0 lead through the first half, just 3:53 into the period Nick Kukuris (Littleton, CO) found the back of the net for the fourth time this season. Sitzman scored one of his two goals in the first netting his team leading 12th goal.
- Sitzman started the second the way he ended the first period with another goal, his 13th on the season to give the CAT's a 3-0 lead.
- 9:39 into the second the Hawks were finally able to beat Anna Maria tender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) who had just played four shutout periods in two games. Matt Hayes ended the scoreless streak for St. Anselm.
- Anna Maria would end the second period with their last goal of the day on an unassisted score from Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) for his eighth on the year.
- The scoring would end in the third with the Hawks getting their second goal from John Femia to get the final of 4-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Michal Soustal was in net for St. A's and saw just 9 shots saving 5 of them.
- Huset picked up his 5th win of the season with a 42 save day.
- The AMCATS were outshot by the Hawks 17 to 44.
- AMC spent 6 minutes in the box on 3 infractions, while St. Anselm had just 1 infraction for 2 minutes.
- Anna Maria returns home on the 14th to face off against Johnson and Wales at 5:40 pm.