- AUBURN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's hockey team tied after a scoreless overtime period with Franklin Pierce University at Horgan Arena.
- Date: 11/12/2019
- Score: Franklin Pierce 1, Anna Maria 1
- Records: Franklin Pierce (1-2-1), Anna Maria (2-1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first the AMCATS were able to get on the board on a double deflected power play shot that was finally put in by Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC). Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) took a shot from the left side to then be deflected off the ice by Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA) to allow Cyr-Ledoux to redirect it into the net to give Anna Maria the 1-0 lead.
- It took the Raven just 2 minutes into the third period to tie it up 1-1. FPU scored quickly off of a faceoff win by Conor Foley to Stephen Jacobs for the one time that finished top shelf.
- The contest would go into overtime but neither team was able to find the back of the net despite both teams having a power play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anna Maria had a slight advantage in shots with 35 to the Ravens 33.
- Adam Carman (T, 0-0-1) made his first start of the season in net making 34 saves of the 35 shots that he faced.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) (T, 0-0-1) also made his first start of the season, coming away with 32 saves of the 33 shots that he faced.
- Franklin Pierce tallies 18 total minutes in penalties on 9 infractions, while the AMCATS accumulated 21 on 9 infractions.
- Anna Maria was 1-for-7 on the power play, while the Ravens were 0-for-9.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Friday as they will travel to Boston to take on the Suffolk University Rams, with a 7 PM puck drop!