- AUBURN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team suffered their first loss of the 2019-2020 season this evening 5-2 to Fitchburg State at Horgan Arena.
- Date: 11/09/2019
- Score: Fitchburg 5, Anna Maria 2
- Records: Fitchburg (2-1), Anna Maria (2-1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons put in the first three goals of the contest, two coming in the first period and a third in the second. Hunter Fortin and Dean Zerby capitalized on their chances in the first, while Egan Wolford did in the second.
- The AMCATS got on the board just before the end of the second on a beautiful power play goal by Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA). Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) dumped the puck into the Fitchburg zone to find Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) behind the right side of the goal who then crossed it to the middle to find Padgeon wide open for a one touch over the goalie's glove hand.
- Sitzman found the back of the net to start the third quarter to bring the 'CATs within one before the Falcons were able to sneak two more past AMCAT tender Brendon Boncore (Oakland, MI). Chris Vicario and Adam Kusior where the beneficiaries of those two goals to get the final of 5-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS were outshot by Fitchburg 36 to 29.
- Boncore was tagged with the loss after saving 31 of the 36 shots faced.
- Brian McGrath finished with 27 saves on 29 shots faced, he will improve to 2-1 on the season.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 12th at Horgan to face Franklin Peirce, with a 5:40 PM puck drop.